Nobody can connect to my server - does not work on internet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonysworld
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Nobody can connect to my server - does not work on internet Reply with quote

I am using Abyss webserver and No-ip DNS client since i have a dynamic ip address. When i try to run it on the browser on my local p.c, it works fine.

But none of my friends can access my website over the internet.

Could anyone guide me on this please
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: Nobody can connect to my server - does not work on inter Reply with quote

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html#A1-2
sonysworld
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I am running Win XP - But i have not enabled the firewall as yet.

2. Neither do i have any firewall or anti-hacking software installed.

3. This pc is my home pc and it connects to the internet through a model (dial-up) so i dont have any routers installed in between either.

4. I was not sure whether my ISP was blocking port 80, so i tried many different ports... still the problem exists.

I have aldready tried searching extensively on this subject on your forum and i came across several posts on the same issue. But they were not helpful with my situation.

Thank your very much for your reply and i would appreciate your help and support on this.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
senshi
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the XP firewall is already enabled as part of the install.

Your a dial-up so each time your IP address changes, get a DynDNS updater and an account @ www.dyndns.org far better than No-IP which cant correctly detect you machine address if your ISP uses a proxy.

so I would try that to resolve your problem, if that dont work then I suggest you speak to the tech department of your ISP and findout exactly what your paying them for and the level of service you get, as your a dial-up, it wouldnt surprise me if your limited to email and browsing.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: