Abyss and Fully Managed Web Hosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJWesley
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Abyss and Fully Managed Web Hosting Reply with quote

HOW MAY I CONFIGURE my Abyss X2 server in order to provide a 'Fully Managed Web Hosting Service' to the public?

Thanks...

(I believe that this is not the correct forum for this question. I moved it to Tutorials. My bad...)
-

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Abyss and Fully Managed Web Hosting Reply with quote

AJWesley wrote:
HOW MAY I CONFIGURE my Abyss X2 server in order to provide a 'Fully Managed Web Hosting Service' to the public?

Thanks...

(I believe that this is not the correct forum for this question. I moved it to Tutorials. My bad...)

What you are looking for is called a hosting control panel. Control panels are usually a set of scripts and applications that go beyond Web serving (and affect/configure databases, email servers, etc...)
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJWesley,

A control panel was suggested but Abyss doesn't have an API or command line interface to control a host through scripting. I am sure that one will be developed in the near future. Stay tuned! :)

Respectfully,

Joshua H. (TRUSTAbyss)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had started building one, and when I had an automated script kill and restart the process, it reset the Abyss.conf, losing all the settings.

Wasn't worth it.
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to make a control panel for Abyss would be to use both XML parsing and cURL. You would use something like SimpleXML to read the configuration and use cURL to save changes via Abyss's web console by passing information to its URLs.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: