Router Configuration Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuffDude650
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Router Configuration Problem Reply with quote

I'm using an SMC Barricade SMC7004VBR Router. I'm trying to configure it so that when my internet IP is typed in the address bar it will take people to the local address (Port Forwarding). I currently have Abyss set up to use port 22.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Q
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Router Configuration Problem Reply with quote

DuffDude650 wrote:
I'm using an SMC Barricade SMC7004VBR Router. I'm trying to configure it so that when my internet IP is typed in the address bar it will take people to the local address (Port Forwarding). I currently have Abyss set up to use port 22.

I also have an smc barricade 7004 router (firewall disabled) and, exactly the same problem. Viewing server pages is not a problem via LAN, but WAN access just ain't happening. My wan ip - 203.45.---.- is being used.. not network ip. I have read all support and searched forums but still the problem persists. My only real option has been to use port fowarding, setting my IP 192.168.2.26 on port 80 (or whatever, have tried several with no luck - yes also changing abyss config & restarting server) to correspond to the same public port. this has been done for TCP and UDP (UDP stands for what?... just a tanget if anyone knows) but i've had no luck at all. The server is running on an XP machine (firewall disabled). Living in aus my final thoughts are that ^horrible^ telstra :twisted: ^the failed^ isp is filtering and blocking such activity?? Appreciate any help and much thanks in advance,

- Quentin
goose
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you using bigpond hey?

hey jacob telstra is pulling a another swifty.

mawuahahaha :)
Q
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: A little more specific? Reply with quote

I was actually hoping for somthing a touch less, well, cryptic, and a bit more informative. The server is only for my personal use, no volume of traffic at all. I gather i was correct in my assumption telstra (ISP) has blocked all such activity. If so is there any way to overcome these restrictions via alternative methods? I'm at a loss, any help would be great,

- Quentin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: