I need help with a wild Linksys Router!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeaponsX
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: I need help with a wild Linksys Router! Reply with quote

I don't understand why it’s not working! People out site my net work can’t view my site. I did what this Tutorial said to do Using Abyss and a Linksys Router . I don't under stand the LAN IP address for my site is Http://192:168.1.101. Than I guess I have an Outside IP WAN is 68.35.60.93? What do I do to show my web site when people type in my Wan IP address? Am I even a post to do that for people to view my site?? OR do people type in my LAN address?
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: I need help with a wild Linksys Router! Reply with quote

WeaponsX wrote:
I don't understand why it’s not working! People out site my net work can’t view my site. I did what this Tutorial said to do Using Abyss and a Linksys Router . I don't under stand the LAN IP address for my site is Http://192:168.1.101. Than I guess I have an Outside IP WAN is 68.35.60.93? What do I do to show my web site when people type in my Wan IP address? Am I even a post to do that for people to view my site?? OR do people type in my LAN address?

People from the outside should always use your WAN address. You should also configure your router to forward incoming requests on port 80 to 192.168.1.101 (on the web port Abyss Web Server uses).

If this is still not working, check if your ISP isn't blocking port 80. The simplest way is to configure the router to forward for example incoming requests on port 8000 or 8080 to your web server. Then ask people to connect to http://WANIP:8000 . If this works, then port 80 is blocked by your ISP. If not, verify again your router settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: