Mac MySQL installation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
webfoot
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Mac MySQL installation Reply with quote

I just got "PHP & MySQL in easy steps" by Mike McGrath but the setup section is for Windows so not too helpful. I installed Abyss version 1 and Aprellium's PHP 5.4.2 but have a question about MySQL. On MySQL.com the Community Server for Mac OS 10 comes in 32bit and 64bit versions. Which should I install for for OS 10.6.8? Also, will the default Abyss settings for enabling ports be OK for PHP/MySQL? Do I remember correctly the default setting is ports below 9000 will not be enabled? If I need to change this where can I do it? Thanks in advance for any help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac MySQL installation Reply with quote

webfoot,

If your operating system is running in 32-bit mode, install the 32-bit MySQL package, otherwise you can install either (32 or 64 bit.) A quick way to determine if you're using a 32-bit Mac OS X or not is explained in http://osxdaily.com/2009/09/07/how-to-tell-if-youre-running-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-kernel-in-mac-os-x-snow-leopard/ .

There are also no ports to open and nothing to configure in Abyss Web Server. MySQL runs on its side and PHP scripts you'll install will have to be configured to use the local database server (which they will usually detect with no issues.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: