MySQL Simply Not Working, Suspect Abyss Related

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salbris
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: MySQL Simply Not Working, Suspect Abyss Related Reply with quote

I've already installed MySQL, PHP, and Abyss on my other computer and it all worked with a few minor issues that are now fixed.

However, I installed them all on this computer and have run into a very strange problem. Firstly, for the most part I did not change how I installed them except for MySQL, on my other computer I installed MySQL into my Abyss directory. As it explains here: http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1070

This time I took the advice of one the posters and installed MySQL in it's own directory.

Now to the problem:
When I run my website that WORKS on my other computer, instead on this computer it seems as if PHP can't find MySQL. Instead of giving connection errors like the password being wrong or something it gives no error, it just doesn't work (calling MySQL functions).

For example I have a page that does some database queries to find a list of things on table, it's simple and it works on my other computer. However, on this computer it causes the rest of code below it to not be called properly. So anything below the MySQL calls ends up disappearing.

Any idea what's going on? Am I right to assume that Abyss can't find the MySQL I installed?

- Thanks, in advance.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way that the two could interfere is is you have MySQL's port and Abyss's port at the same setting...This is highly unlikely because MySQL defaults to 3306, and Abyss to 80.

When they were installed in the same directory, I could see conflicts, it's good that you removed it from that directory and installed it else where.

Besides the port conflict listed above, Abyss and MySQL aren't even aware of each other, it's Abyss that passes the request to PHP, and PHP who contacts the database. Then the database responds to PHP's request, and PHP sends that data to Abyss to respond back to the user.

I would check your php.ini and verify that your installation allows MySQL extensions. If you're running this in a clustered environment, you're going to need to enable remote database access on your database server.

Lastly, if you're getting "Error ------ using password(NO)" it means PHP IS contacting MySQL, but perhaps you have an error in your syntax, or misspelled the database login (username or password).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: