Network Site Access

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Produkt
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Network Site Access Reply with quote

I have a web server installed on my laptop on a wireless network at my school. What are some ways that other people on the network (or on the internet too, I'm just mainly concerned with other network users) that they can see my site? My network (internal) IP doesn't work, it says connection refused. My external IP doesn't work, it also returns a connection refused. If someone goes into my network name "\\USER" then it just lists files and folders, it doesnt work as a web server. Any ideas?
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because it says connection refused, makes me think that the school has set the network up so that you cant host things on your computer.
________
[URL=http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Charger_(L-body)]CHARGER (L-BODY)[/URL]
________
CENSORED Dysfunction Forums

Last edited by kodeking on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Network Site Access Reply with quote

When you use \\USER, you use the Windows Sharing and not the web server. If you got connection refused, this means that there is a firewall on the network that is configured to refuse incoming connection to the web server. Try using another port (for example 8080 or 8000) and retry, or contact the network admin for more information.
Produkt
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Changing the Port Reply with quote

If I change the port to something else and it works, is there a way for the user not to have to type that port in the address, and make it connect to that port by default?
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing the Port Reply with quote

Produkt wrote:
If I change the port to something else and it works, is there a way for the user not to have to type that port in the address, and make it connect to that port by default?

The default HTTP port is 80. So if the server is using port 80, your URLs haven't to mention the port. Otherwise, the port is mandatory.
There is nothing to do about this, this is how the URLs must be written.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: