Major HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkey661
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Major HELP Reply with quote

Hello, im having problems. When i type in 127.0.0.1 i get my website. when i type in my local ip, i get the Welcome to Abyss Web Server X1 page. when i type in my actual ip i get nothing. my port fowarding on my router does not seem to work. i've tried several ports, 8080, 92,82 etc. to no avail. Any suggestions?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you can access the machine via http://127.0.0.1 and you have set port forwarding up correctly, this is normal (ish). If you are behind a router, your WAN (internet) IP will not always work. Port forwarding is designed to send traffic from the internet through the router to the correct machine - trying to access the WAN IP from a machine on the LAN does not actually send any traffic out onto the internet, so the port forwarding does not work. This may vary from router to router, but all the ones I have used don't allow this.

Ask a friend online to test it out via your WAN IP...
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this , a linksys Guide a linksys employee e-mailed me this , http://www.offspringvideos.com/router/ , I will work on my MySQL tutorial today. I know some tricks up my sleeve to configure Linksys router for web servers , im good at this trust me , just send me a MSN Instant message
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter how good a guide you use to set up the port forwarding - typing the WAN IP of your router from within your LAN will generally not link you back to your computer.
monkey661
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i told several people to try it, and it didnt work, i also used my dial up on my other computer to see if it would work. it didnt.
monkey661
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I GOT IT WORKING, thanks! my port 80 was blocked, so i had to use 90
GOTH
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: LINKSYS HELL Reply with quote

Need help getting access to my server from the outside world i blame my linksys router
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: