All I know is a LITTLE html, how hard are other languages?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lestat
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: All I know is a LITTLE html, how hard are other languages? Reply with quote

Um, see subject line please.

I want my site to do stuff like email people when folder sizes have changed etc. Can I still use html and do it with abyss?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
rtp3
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: All I know is a LITTLE html, how hard are other language Reply with quote

lestat wrote:
Um, see subject line please.

I want my site to do stuff like email people when folder sizes have changed etc. Can I still use html and do it with abyss?

html is the easiest to use. if you don't know html, then most other languages will be much harder. what you are talking about requires CGI or PHP, which i know nothing about.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
element78
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go ahead and be perfectly honest with you.. PHP, CGI, ASP are all harder than heck to learn. In my opinion PHP is the best.. I started learning it a while back, and spent 4 days reading a book on it.. got to the point where I had a full website running in pure PHP and HTML.

It really is just like learning a speaking language in college. Theres a certain way everything has to be structured to "sound right". :)

Worth checking out, because you can do a million more things with it than with just HTML... but like he said above, if you don't even know HTML you'll be lost. Theres a really good e-book on PHP somewhere called "Sam's PHP and MySQL E-Book" (just google it.).. that guides you though everything step by step.. leaving nothing behind. WONDERFUL resource.

By page 60 or so, you'll know enough PHP to put up a beginner/pre-advanced dynamic website.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
alsomegamemaka
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

Yea I do other scripting like
PHP
PERL
Java

Java is the easyest next to HTML

PHP is the most powerful and ezy.

Thats my oppinion! :wink:

Expert at: HTML, PHP, MYSQL, WWW, GM
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: