hosting more than one site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seancooke
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: hosting more than one site Reply with quote

is it possible to have more than one website hosted on my abyss webserver ?

For example I want to have www.myfirstdomain.com

and www.myotherdomain.com both on the same machine... how does abyss know which site to display?

thanks...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EvaStar
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is possible. But the way you are looking at it involves registering more than one domain name. If you are hosting more than one site you should stray using subdomains such as http://yoursite.yourdomain.com/
It comes to put less strain on your wallet/purse.
Theirs a php tutorial for this in the Tutorial section on the Forum index page.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Hollywood211
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

What if you needed to have two completely different domain names? I have them both registered already and I want both of the to be hosted on the same machine, but I don't want the users to know that the two sites have anything in common. How would you set it up?
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full domains work also ! 8)
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Full domains work also ! 8)

I just couldn't find way to set it up lik that! I don't think you can do it at all! :(
gook
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: yes you can Reply with quote

ya you can very easy got to the tutrionals and got to the stick post called hosting more then one domain and then copy that code then save it as index.php in the htdocs main folder then go to you site and it should cloack and forward to the right site if you have any probs ask some one that uses and konws about it like os17fan or some one.
this is one feature abyss does lack but it will be included in one of the future vesino hopefully the next but probaly not one thing that doesent work to well is if you are using alias and you point the script to a alasis it will just forward to the alis i hope when abyss sets it up in the next web server you can forward to alis with out it just forwarding. cuz i am running e107 and if i put on in the root and one in a sub foler it has conflicts.

I hope this is will be in the next vesion
Speaking of that aprelium when is the next vesion coming out i know its going to be a big update cuz there has been a update for a very long ime and i am dyeing for the mutipal domain thing to be intergrated.
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: hosting more than one site Reply with quote

Seancooke wrote:
is it possible to have more than one website hosted on my abyss webserver ?

For example I want to have www.myfirstdomain.com

and www.myotherdomain.com both on the same machine... how does abyss know which site to display?

thanks...

Make an alias for each domain you want to store it on.
Set your Domain Register and use URL Frame [Record Type]. Point to your the alias folder where it contain that Webpage.

The second domain will point to another alias that you made.

Continue with the third and forth and so forth.

The above method is without the script and use multi-domain name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: