Entering the website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esteban
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Entering the website Reply with quote

Hi everyone! First post here...
Here's my prob:
I can access my website from my own computer, let's say, if I type http://niptunz.no-ip.com, I can see the Index page, but if I type http://niptunz.no-ip.com from another computer the browser says "Could not locate remote server".

I'm running AWS v1.1.6 on Windows XP Pro.
Sorry if this has been asked b4
Thanks in advance,
Esteban :P
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Esteban
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fixed it... all i needed to do was to turn the XP firewall off...
Thanx anyway...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Angel
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Leave the Firewall on!! Reply with quote

I have windows xp myself and had the same problem when I first dowloaded the abyss server. With windows xp having so many security issues you should leave your firewal on and just open a port for the server. When you turn your firewall back on go click the settings button on the bottom of the properties window that will open the advanced settings window, on the list you should see port called Web Server(HTTP) hilight that and click edit that should be listed as port 80 after checking to see that it says port 80 click Ok and then make sure you have the Web Server (HTTP) Box checkmarked then click ok. After that your webserver should run fine with your Firewall enabled.
Hope I Helped,
Angel
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: