fake IP?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
badai
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: fake IP? Reply with quote

i'm using kerio mail server, disable relay but put 127.0.0.1 as trusted ip address so that i can send e-mail using php.

lately, my e-mail server got a lot of e-mail from 127.0.0.1, also some from 127.0.0.2 (but that was rejected by server anyway).

is it something wrong with php that people can make it send mail from outside or somebody manage to fake 127.0.0.1 when connect to my mail server?

one more thing, how do i auth smtp using php? too lazy to read the manual.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: fake IP? Reply with quote

All depends on how your mail server works. It can trust the IP address that the client declares or manages to get the real one by using some networking functions (using the OS) to know the indentity of the computer connected to its services. For more information, it is better to ask Kerio mail tech support.

By the way, what are the emails that your server get from 127.0.0.1? Do they look like virus attached messages? In such a case, these emails could be really coming from a virus inside your computer.
badai
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: fake IP? Reply with quote

hundredss of small, small e-mail from same sender to same recipient (e.g. from abc@yahoo com to def@yahoo.com) then another hundreds but diffrent sender and recipient (from ghi@yahoo.com to jkl@yahoo.com)

the recipient e-mail is valid by the way. somebody use my server to bomb other ppl.

aprelium wrote:
All depends on how your mail server works. It can trust the IP address that the client declares or manages to get the real one by using some networking functions (using the OS) to know the indentity of the computer connected to its services. For more information, it is better to ask Kerio mail tech support.

By the way, what are the emails that your server get from 127.0.0.1? Do they look like virus attached messages? In such a case, these emails could be really coming from a virus inside your computer.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: