ftp manager thing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:34 am    Post subject: ftp manager thing? Reply with quote

just wondering if you guys were planning to install like your own FTP client that would allow users to connect and upload rather than having to install a seperate one. I love your server on how easily configurable and easy it is, all i have to do is open ports on the router and it works flawlessly, but i hate having to use third party FTP server programs because some are such a b*tch to use and its hard to find a decent one for linux (well in my past experiences it has been... i havent ran linux in a few years...thinking about it though, hosting myself on an abyssws...)
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ftp manager thing? Reply with quote

Zed wrote:
just wondering if you guys were planning to install like your own FTP client that would allow users to connect and upload rather than having to install a seperate one. I love your server on how easily configurable and easy it is, all i have to do is open ports on the router and it works flawlessly, but i hate having to use third party FTP server programs because some are such a b*tch to use and its hard to find a decent one for linux (well in my past experiences it has been... i havent ran linux in a few years...thinking about it though, hosting myself on an abyssws...)

Thank you for liking Abyss Web Server. :D
Yes, we plan to include in the future versions a small FTP server to avoid the hassle of getting another separate software to upload files. So please stay tuned to know when such a feature will be added (just subscribe to our mailing list at http://www.aprelium.com/mailing.php ) .
jmstacey2000
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it be like a seperate add-on module or can be disabled in case we want to use a different ftp program (although I hightly doubt that anyone would want to :) )

-Jon-
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmstacey2000,

Sorry, but we can't give more information now about this new feature. This forum is public and concurrents may be laying around to spy us.
jmstacey2000
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, no prob

-Jon-
kodeking
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL! I've been relying on BPFTP for my ftping, an all in one would be fantastic!
________
EASY VAPE VAPORIZER
________
FORD INDIGO

Last edited by kodeking on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Kent
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

why not just use a little script like this? it gives you all the features of a true ftp server, without having to run an actual ftp server.

http://16.sytes.net:90/ftp - this will keep the executible from getting too bloated.

Aprelium you should just add a script like this inside the admin area using the chl files you use.
tbog_yang
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Kent wrote:
why not just use a little script like this? it gives you all the features of a true ftp server, without having to run an actual ftp server.

http://16.sytes.net:90/ftp - this will keep the executible from getting too bloated.

Aprelium you should just add a script like this inside the admin area using the chl files you use.

Hey how did u do that ???
THat so cool man...
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me that script now , I want it ! 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: