isp blocking my port??? help!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sojukiller
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: isp blocking my port??? help!!! Reply with quote

hi, im new to this so bear with me.

i setup abyss about five days ago and it seem to work perfect.

today, it's dead.

i can access using my lan ip(http://127.0.0.1), but not the public ip (http://66.229.xxx.xxx).

i used port 80 when it used to work, since then, i've switched to other ports with no luck. i switched port on my console too. (when i switch to 8080 on my d-link router, i get " Port range conflit with "Remote Managment http Server". message. what ever that means...)

i uploaded one mp3 file and it's been downloaded about 60 times. so i'm guessing my isp (comcast) somehow blocked off my server. :evil:

how do i check which port is working or blocked?

i don't have a firewall.

if my isp is blocking my ports, what can i do? please help.

thank you in advance.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound dumb...But,

did you check and see if your ISP changed your IP address???
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sojukiller
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup. my ip remains the same. thanks for your concern.

help!!!
Advanced Technology
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same exact problem. I can view it on a LAN but when i give some1 else the ip address it won't work for them...can any1 help?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
modred
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am run mine through dns2go because the IP is not static. making my url modred.dns2go.com .. I can see it from my machine but no one else can .... why is this :evil:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

modred wrote:
I am run mine through dns2go because the IP is not static. making my url modred.dns2go.com .. I can see it from my machine but no one else can .... why is this :evil:

Please read the answer to the second question in our FAQ at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html for more information about the common causes of such a problem.
alsomegamemaka
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: I got comcast 2 Reply with quote

I got comcast.
I had the same problem until I figured out that it wasn't comcast. It is your router. You gata configure your router. Go to the router's setup menu and go to advanced and look for something called vertual servers. and add the server.

Hope this help

Expert at: HTML, PHP, MYSQL, WWW, GM
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Markisus
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem b4, bc my isp was blocking port 80. Those knuckleheads... Anyways, I changed the port to 7777, and I can access my site: http://ipaddress:7777/ and it works outside of my lan.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
webzn
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My isp is blocking 25 and 80 as well. I'm not sure if you change it and go to a no ip place and put

12.34.56.78:777 as the url and if it will work. I can't remember if they allow ports in their forwards
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
park
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not, neither can you. You can always try out port 8080 (wich is the common alternative) if that doesn't work, you will have to stay on another port :-/
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

webzn wrote:
My isp is blocking 25 and 80 as well. I'm not sure if you change it and go to a no ip place and put

12.34.56.78:777 as the url and if it will work. I can't remember if they allow ports in their forwards

Using No-IP will not fix your "port blocking" from your ISP. No-IP only will just update to your current IP status, not your PORT. You will need to configure PORT from your router/gateway. Router / Gateway is like a front gate security guard that tell where to enter and path to your LAN. Since PORT 80 and or 25 is block by your ISP, you can open a different PORT that are not being block and route that incoming to your LAN PORT that you have open.
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

park wrote:
probably not, neither can you. You can always try out port 8080 (wich is the common alternative) if that doesn't work, you will have to stay on another port :-/

Port 8080 is an alternative becoming popular port. But some mean ISP will also block it too.

Best is to check the PC that Abyss is on and see what port that is not being use by other apps or service.
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use No-IP to do a web redirect and include the port number so that users don't have to keep typing yoursubdomain.no-ip.com:hardtorememberport... It's even documented on their site :D

http://no-ip.com/tips/id/2
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anonymoose, that a good reference - related to dynamic IP and port problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: