PHP 5.4.5 Released from PHP.Net

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maroe001
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: PHP 5.4.5 Released from PHP.Net Reply with quote

Will Aprelium release a preconfigured PHP 5.4.5 soon? The new php 5.4.5 release was issued from php.net on 7/19/12. The preconfigured release is so nice to upgrade with, never any issues at all. Hope it becomes available asap.

Just thought I'd update this post. Still no word of a PHP 5.4.5 preconfigured release from Aprelium. It's only 21 days since an update from PHP.net

Last edited by maroe001 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
maroe001
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Will Aprelium Release PHP 5.4.5 Preconfigured Reply with quote

The new PHP 5.4.5 release fixes over 30 bugs and includes a fix for a security related overflow issue in the stream implementation. All users of PHP are encouraged to upgrade to PHP 5.4.5 or PHP 5.3.15 as per PHP.Net.
When will we get a preconfigured release from Aprelium?
maroe001
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: No Word On A PHP 5.4.5 Preconfiqured Release from Aprelium Reply with quote

Here we are Aug 8th and still no word on a preconfigured release of an updated preconfigured php. X2 is a great server and I really don't understand the lack of support from Aprelium. The upgrade to php 5.4.5 preconfigured release should have become available already. At the least X2 users should get an e-mail as to it's avalability.
anybody
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used Aprelium's preconfigured php in years because the php package on php.net works just fine with abyss.

But I am curious, are you an abyss x1 or abyss x2 user?
Axis
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been commented in numerous topics, it is not really Aprelium's responsibility to "preconfigure" every release of php (which never stops). It has been a kindness for them to do so in the past and is a kindness when they do again.

Regards,
Axis
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that installing the preconfigured package sets the stage for all future updates. Once the Aprelium-made version is installed, any new version can be installed painlessly.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
maroe001
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Apelium Recommends Using Preconfigured PHP Package Reply with quote

"If you plan to install PHP 5 on Windows, we highly recommend using our preconfigured PHP 5 package instead of following the generic PHP setup instructions below. It is easier, faster, and less error prone." This is listed in the adding php support on the Apelium site. I'm sorry but I just don't see it as a "kindness" to offer support for your product. Lets get the new preconfigured php packages released in a timely manner. PHP 5.4.6 has just been released lets get the preconfigured release out soon.
maroe001
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: PHP 5.4.11 Reply with quote

It's good to see Aprelium has started releasing the preconfigured php package regularly. I lost my entire server in Superstorm Sandy and have finally started to rebuild it. Hope to see this pre configured release continue.
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.4.11 Reply with quote

maroe001 wrote:
It's good to see Aprelium has started releasing the preconfigured php package regularly. I lost my entire server in Superstorm Sandy and have finally started to rebuild it. Hope to see this pre configured release continue.

Thanks. We'll continue that as long as the PHP team does not change the way it packages their builds in a significant way.

For example, the transition from 5.3 to 5.4 took some time since they introduced dependency on some new libraries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: