403 error????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dredge
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: 403 error???? Reply with quote

HELP!!!!!
ok... I followed the instrucions to the letter on installing everything.
I put a basic PHP script in the home directory, and yet it gives me some sort of 403 error and says it is forbidden. what is going on? :?:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 403 error???? Reply with quote

dredge wrote:
HELP!!!!!
I put a basic PHP script in the home directory, and yet it gives me some sort of 403 error and says it is forbidden. what is going on? :?:

If you are using Linux, please check the permissions of the PHP file. The user running Abyss must have read permission to the file at least.
dredge
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i am using windows XP, i guess i should have added that in. Would that change anything? Can you even run php scripts on XP?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhiteDevil
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Operating under windows XP changes nothing, im using it and the only thing ive had to do is change the php.ini file around a bit...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goto your PHP.ini file in your WINNT or Windows folder in your hard drive.(usually C:).

find the error section and type for the "error_reporting =" change it to "error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE" instead of whatever it is right now.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 403 error???? Reply with quote

dredge wrote:
HELP!!!!!

Error 403 means that Abyss was unable to open the file. This can happen if the file is already opened in a text editor for example. In such a case, close the file in the editor and retry. Another cause of the problem is that the user account running Abyss doesn't have access permission to the file.
SonnyB
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Aprelium Is Right Reply with quote

Aprelium is right, You are not allowing that file to be accessed, So there could be a few things going on there
1 - If you have a router make sure your DMZ Host Forwarding is set to your computers ip.. Find your Ip - Command prompt "windows2000 or greater" type in "ipconfig" In 98 systems i believe its run - winipcfg

2 - Make sure in your document root that the page is there, Not being used, and in your root folder

3 - relaunch your system, exit out of evreything sometimes thats the prob.. something is using the file and you just dont know it.. that should do it..

4 - also make sure your php is workin correctly.... go through the install steps on where you set the cgi and variables.. You may have added a space or something..Backtrack
AnarchyOnline Ent
aappel03@yahoo.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SonnyB
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

LOL datwig - Change the error reporting.. That was good, Wont solve his 403 error though..
AnarchyOnline Ent
aappel03@yahoo.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: