Many problems with PHP. Can't seem to get it to work.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STG1
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Many problems with PHP. Can't seem to get it to work. Reply with quote

I am experiencing several problems with trying to use PHP with Abyss Web Server. I have installed PHP5 on my computer which is running Windows 7. My website was working fine just using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I want to use my website with a database, therefore, I chose PHP to do client/server communication. I have briefly taught myself the basics of PHP, but I think I might be doing something wrong. I have followed apreliums instructions on installing PHP and configuring it with the server. I have tried many settings in my scripting parameters and I keep getting the same result. At first, my HTML page, which used references to .php files, was using the extension .php. It was supposed to be a login page. The $_POST method would not work (it kept taking me to my custom 404 error page). I went through and re-configured PHP, then tried it again. I kept getting more and more errors, then after many times of trial and error with absolutely no success, my index page displays my custom 404 error page. If I type a script into the page and try to open it via the files directory "htdocs", then it either trys to download the page (Internet Explorer) or it just displays text (Google Chrome). This is very annoying, because it is preventing me from accomplishing anything. If you need to see anything, please just request it. I need help ASAP, as I would like to continue this project. This is extremely frustrating and I would appreciate any information that could help me fix this. Thanks - STG1
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Many problems with PHP. Can't seem to get it to work. Reply with quote

STG1 wrote:
If I type a script into the page and try to open it via the files directory "htdocs", then it either trys to download the page (Internet Explorer) or it just displays text (Google Chrome).

By accessing the file using Windows Explorer and clicking on it, you are not using the Web server.

If you put a file named test.php in htdocs/, you should open your browser and go to URL http://127.0.0.1/test.php to access it through the Web server.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: