How do I get hold of the exception logs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stave-escura
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: How do I get hold of the exception logs Reply with quote

I apologize that I am a php newbie, so this could be a php issue rather than a web server (although I don't think so).

I am installing media-wiki on the abyss web server. So far the experience of using Abyss has been good. The console is nice, the installation is nice.

Everything went well in the media wiki installation until I started editing the LocalSettings file. In otherwords the php is installed, and the mediawiki is visible.

When I setup LocalSettings and visit the web page http://localhost/mediawiki/index.php I get a server error 500 page.

Now I can fix this (eventually) by binary searching the LocalSetting page, but I would rather see the exception details.

There is no information about exceptions in the logs...

I searched this forum, and found a number of questions about server 500 exceptions, and mostly people seem to have resolved them...but sadly I didn't find out how to view the exception stack traces.

The question I am asking is "how do I see the exceptions that are being thrown: ideally in the logs".
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium-support
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I get hold of the exception logs Reply with quote

stave-escura,

There are a number of error logging parameters that you could explore in php.ini. Try enabling them and accessing your script again. In most cases, PHP is able to send the error reports to the browser directly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: