ASP.NET application unloads itself from RAM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckaroobanzai
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: ASP.NET application unloads itself from RAM Reply with quote

I have this big .NET GIS/Map application that soaks up about 6 GB of RAM and takes about 5 minutes ust to start up...but when it loads --- it run fast. The problem is that after a certain amount of time --- if the application is un-used --- it releases itself from the RAM...thus the next user has a long wait for the thing to load up again.

I hear in IIS that you can go to an application pool setting and increase the "idle timeout" and I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a similar setting in Abyss?

What I'm trying to do is to keep the whole application in RAM and to keep it from falling alseep.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: ASP.NET application unloads itself from RAM Reply with quote

buckaroobanzai,

The behavior you're describing is the default one. But the .NET application can be maintained in memory and never released (or released less often) if you tweak the parameters of the ASP.NET application when declaring it in Abyss Web Server.

More specifically, check Preload and set Request Count Before Process Recycling to 0 to disable process recycling as explained in http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/hosts-configuration.html#HOSTS-ASPNET
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: