Password Protection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkrats
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Password Protection Reply with quote

Can anyone point me to a step-by-step tutorial on how to protect my website (all pages) with a password? I've played around with Users and Access, but so far I'm kind of lost.

I only want a single password to access the wholesite for any user, that I can change from time to time.

I checked out the other Abyss related sites.

BTW, I decided to run an FTP server alongside Abyss to control access to my files, and be able to monitor connections in real time. It works pretty nicely.

I found a short post on protecting sub folders. I would like to protect access to my index page and "sub" pages. (maybe protect htdocs?)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
darkrats
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out how to do it. I'm now able to password protect the entire website, and using different passwords for different users. Much easier than I thought it would be.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
joeymiller105
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: your right Reply with quote

darkrats wrote:
I found out how to do it. I'm now able to password protect the entire website, and using different passwords for different users. Much easier than I thought it would be.

your right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: