php as cgi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smok3
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: php as cgi Reply with quote

i have installed the invision board and it runs somehow, but kinda slow, from what i read php engine can be run in a variety of ways (not that i know what the difference is), my question is : will next releases of abyss support running php in some other mode than the cgi one? (as some sort of faster mode?)
tia

(board is temporarily at http://amigaserver.kicks-ass.org/board/ if you feel like testing the speed or something... 8) )
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: php as cgi Reply with quote

Yes, in the near future there will be support for ISAPI (web server modules standard already used by IIS and many other Windows web servers). ISAPI offers a great speed improvement over CGI and there is already a PHP ISAPI module.
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't that feature be a security risk because IIS uses it , IIS isn't the most safest web server to use and I don't know if this web server will still be secure after adding that

Will it still block those attacks :?:
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: php as cgi Reply with quote

os17fan wrote:
Wouldn't that feature be a security risk because IIS uses it , IIS isn't the most safest web server to use and I don't know if this web server will still be secure after adding that

Will it still block those attacks :?:

It's not the ISAPI functionality/specification which have caused troubles for IIS, but rather some of the included ISAPI modules. When Abyss will support ISAPI, we can choose ourself what ISAPI modules to use.

Best of regards from TheLinker, on "summer" vacation near the NorthPole. :roll:
smok3
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, in the near future there will be support for ISAPI

more (unrelated) questions:
good news, mean time 'php 5.0 beta 1' was released and it says it includes the so called 'SQLite', what i wonder is that a replacement for a separated database system, that is mysql ? (hmm, sorry for my weird english)
smok3
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: php as cgi Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
Yes, in the near future there will be support for ISAPI (web server modules standard already used by IIS and many other Windows web servers). ISAPI offers a great speed improvement over CGI and there is already a PHP ISAPI module.
so is isapi support part of the new version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: