Folder Permissions question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EspoMan02

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Folder Permissions question Reply with quote

I have Abyss web server up and I love it. This is the best server ever! I have one question. I have phpbb messaeg board running on my computer. My question is how do i do it so people cant access my phpadmin folder? I tried using my FTP server to host the folder so I could go in and change permissions but it doesnt work. It swicths back after I press Ok. Also my 2nd question is how do I protect myself from people getting into MySQL?

THanks in advanced
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Folder Permissions question Reply with quote

EspoMan02 wrote:
I have Abyss web server up and I love it. This is the best server ever! I have one question. I have phpbb messaeg board running on my computer. My question is how do i do it so people cant access my phpadmin folder? I tried using my FTP server to host the folder so I could go in and change permissions but it doesnt work. It swicths back after I press Ok.

You cannot restrict access to one specific folder in the current version. But we think there is no problem with PhpBB since it has a integrated protection mechanisc against people who want to get in the admin directory. They need to have a valid forum administrator login.

EspoMan02 wrote:

Also my 2nd question is how do I protect myself from people getting into MySQL?

You should protect your MySQL database with passwords. This is the only way to restrict access to it. More information about that is available in the MySQL documentation (read the section 4.2.2 How to Make MySQL Secure Against Crackers).

Thank you for loving Abyss Web Server :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: