Wordpress on abyss webserver X2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotman1410
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Wordpress on abyss webserver X2 Reply with quote

Hi im trying to install wordpress on my server, ive been reading some of the other topics saying about php5 and needing to install it before the server will understand php but now im kind of a little stuck now, ive done the instructions shown here: http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html but now its telling me error 500 what am i doing wrong? and is it possible to install wordpress on the server? if so can someone tell me how.

thanks

running on windows 7 32bit

abyss server X2

port 80
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Axis
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello scotman1410--

I have WordPress installed on one of my Abyss sites. I am using php 5.2.10 and MySql. (I had trouble with 5.3.8 because of the server time insistence with one of my scripts).

But it is definitely do-able to install WordPress on Abyss. Once you get php installed (and probably MySql to set up a database) everything else should go easily. You might try a simple php script to make sure php is ok and then you'll need to use MySQL and probably want PhpMyAdmin to administer MySQL from the web and create a database for Wordpress.

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/faq.html#A3-1

Hope that helps a little.

Regards,
Axis
scotman1410
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for your help

That did help a little but i keep getting an error saying that i can not configure the mysql,

Dont think im quite up to setting this up just yet i may try to learn a little more about this and try again later on once i know a bit more,

Once again thanks for your help.
Regards

Scotman1410
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to keep everything internal for a while until you learn more. PHP/MySQL can be a huge security problem if it's not configured (or used) correctly. Somebody who knows how to use it, however, can make it secure and very, very powerful.

This Article, that I wrote, shows how to set up a web server with PHP and MySQL... It's a little dated at this point. Always go for the latest PHP directly from php.net (assuming you're on Windows), and get MySQL from MySQL... Go for the MSI Installer one (32 or 64 depending on your server's capabilities).

Follow the instructions on my page, and you should have it up in no time!

P.S. Installing Wordpress is a cinch... Once everything else works!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: