I would like to know....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wade_youden
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: I would like to know.... Reply with quote

Is it possible to host my own website using this program?

I seem to not be able to have a server of any type on my machine, Pablo's FTP server and this one are the ones i've tried. Does anyone have any idea pertaining to why this is? I need a method of transferring files over the internet and it doesn't look like I can run a server. Any help would be appreciated.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
wade_youden
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: By the way.... Reply with quote

I have zonealarm pro disabled and don't have a router or anything else...just my cable connection.

http://66.103.39.160/
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: I would like to know.... Reply with quote

wade_youden wrote:

I seem to not be able to have a server of any type on my machine, Pablo's FTP server and this one are the ones i've tried. Does anyone have any idea pertaining to why this is? I need a method of transferring files over the internet and it doesn't look like I can run a server. Any help would be appreciated.

Some ISPs block default FTP/Mail/Web server ports to prevent you from hosting your own servers. Ask yours if it is the case, or try using another port for Abyss Web Server (for example port 8000).
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I would like to know.... Reply with quote

wade_youden wrote:

Aprelium maybe correct. Check with your ISP if any port maybe block or filter. Also, you can try using other port like 8000 or 8080 or other unpopular port for your webserver. Same go with FTP server. Instead of using port 21, you can try other port. Just make sure your Webserver / FTPServer is set to that port that it is listen for request.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: