FastCGI/CGI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyDourado
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: FastCGI/CGI Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering if its be possible to setup a forum on the Abyss Web Server 1.0.3. By that i mean, something like ikonboard. Ikonboard makes use of cgi-scripts, but in the manual stands you have to upload it with FTP-access to the cgi-bin directory and you need to make use oh chmod command's. Is it possible to make use FTP-access to the Abyss Web Server???

---------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run a number of forums on Abyss, you should have no trouble with yours. The upload instructions assume you're sending it to a remote server, if it's local you don't have to FTP it anywhere, and on Windows the permissions aren't identical. In my experience you can ignore the CHMOD steps, but if you really want to do it the long, awkward way you can install an FTP server as well, like Filezilla, and CHMOD it from the FTP client, which will allow you to do the CHMOD step, even if it has no real effect. =)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: