Gallery on Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabvr
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Gallery on Abyss Reply with quote

Hi All,

Hope someone can help, as I cannot run Gallery since I moved servers as it times out for doing any upload job, infact I cannot even install it from fresh due to 500 Errors.

My config for scripting parameters are:

Fast CGI Local Pipes, Type Standard

I am running aprelium's precompiled PHP 5.2.8 (as 5.3 has time zone bugs for me) and MySQL on Windows XP with Abyss 2.7

this is the error I get in my Fast CGI logs:

02/Sep/2011:03:56:02 +0100 SUID: 13 PUID: 13 RUID: 0 URI: Reading 24 bytes failed = The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
02/Sep/2011:03:56:02 +0100 SUID: 13 PUID: 13 RUID: 0 URI: timeout-header2!
02/Sep/2011:04:03:07 +0100 SUID: 13 PUID: 13 process_shutdown(timeout=5 s)

hope someone can help me, as I have googled, experimented for the past week:-(

thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jxxaxxy
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timezone is manually set in the php.ini It does not come pre configured as many people live in different time zones.

http://kb.siteground.com/article/How_to_change_the_datetimezone_value_in_PHP.html

Here is an example but you need to find.
date.timezone = "yourtimezone"

Here is a list of timezones php support
http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.phps

As for the other issues it depends on what else the gallery needs. I get errors close to that. I do not think it is related to your gallery. Are there any other issues besides that error in the log. What happens when you try to access the php page you are looking at.

The above info is not enough to fix or help with your current issue.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
sabvr
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jxxaxxy,

Thanks for the response, I had to give up on Abyss after 5 faithful years, infact since I started IIS yesterday with PHP, all the problems have gone away

Abyss was great all this time, but now IIS is free with Windows 7, I am struggling to see what benefits would make me revert back to Abyss and troubleshoot it, as when I originally bought it, I was running on XP.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabvr wrote:
Hi Jxxaxxy,

Thanks for the response, I had to give up on Abyss after 5 faithful years, infact since I started IIS yesterday with PHP, all the problems have gone away

Abyss was great all this time, but now IIS is free with Windows 7, I am struggling to see what benefits would make me revert back to Abyss and troubleshoot it, as when I originally bought it, I was running on XP.

The problem you have experienced is usually caused by bad defaults in the configuration. Try using CGI instead of FastCGI as a first test. If you've upgraded to 5.3 and then downgraded to 5.2 chances are that there are DLLs from both versions which makes PHP complain and not start.

Make a clean install of PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.3 (in its own directory and not an upgrade) and then retry.

By the way, as a customer of X2, we wonder why you've spent a whole week struggling with such an issue when you could have contacted our priority technical support and got an answer in less than 24 hours?
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
sabvr
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Admin,
I saw from the IIS logs that is was a permissions issue with some of the gallery folders and since fixing that, all worked perfectly, so I guess the issue here was that the error logs I was getting from Abyss was not giving me that data.

I still will use the abyss license on one of my other servers, since I am used to it as it has been a great companion for all these years.

Actually I have a Rackspace cloud account and I was going to spin up two identical servers, one with IIS and one with Abyss on 2008 Enterprise and see which performs better. I am still convinced Abyss should be better as more custom, though it would be good to get better error logs.

I did not contact support as I did not upgrade the support license after it expired, though you were kind enough to let me upgrade to 2.7 on my portal, appreciated that!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabvr wrote:
though it would be good to get better error logs.

This part is not Abyss Web Server's fault. php.ini contains several settings for users to decide where to route and where to store logs (you can send them to the Web server log, another file, display them, or discard them). All depends on your php.ini

Quote:
I did not contact support as I did not upgrade the support license after it expired, though you were kind enough to let me upgrade to 2.7 on my portal, appreciated that!

You can always contact priority as a former customer or our normal support by email. Our time to reply by email is faster than the forum which is more of a community based help system.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: