Preconfigured PHP 5.3.8 for Windows ready for tests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Preconfigured PHP 5.3.8 for Windows ready for tests Reply with quote

Dear all,

PHP 5.3.8 has been recently released and fixes several bugs in earlier 5.3 versions while improving several features: http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php .

The preconfigured PHP 5.3.8 package for Windows is available from: http://www.aprelium.com/data/php538.exe .

Please give it a try and let us know if it works fine for you.

The installation instructions are similar to those in http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html .

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING:

If you are upgrading from an old preconfigured PHP package do not forget to set Type to Standard in the interpreter declaration.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com

Last edited by admin on Mon May 07, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
c0r2ar0
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using preconfigured php without problems! Thanks.

Just a question, can you prebuild a php version compiled for 64-bit mode? So it won't run 32-bit process everytime!

I think this could even speedup our server more!!!

Thanks a lot for doing al this great job!

Paolo
maroe001
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: PHP 5.3.8 Reply with quote

I have upgraded to PHP 5.3.8. Flawless upgrade and a noticeable performance increase. I am also using the latest MySQL installer version 5.5.15. and have updated my SQL version to the same. Great performance with a great web server. Love Abyss X2 and will also be updating my priority support.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0r2ar0 wrote:
Just a question, can you prebuild a php version compiled for 64-bit mode? So it won't run 32-bit process everytime!

We're not yet shipping the 64-bit version since many PHP extensions are not compatible with 64-bit.

Quote:
I think this could even speedup our server more!!!

PHP is very slow by design (it recompiles the pages on each access for example) which makes the transition from 32-bit to 64-bit not very noticeable (you'll probably get a raw 1% or 2% improvement but that's almost nothing when you add latencies of the network and other factors).

By the way, 32-bit are not second-class citizens in 64-bit Windows. It isn't similar to the days where 16-bit processes needed to be hosted in an inefficient manner inside 32-bit sandboxes (on Windows 95 and later).
Forum Administrator
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.3.8 Reply with quote

maroe001,

Thanks for your feedback and for your support.
Forum Administrator
jeffjohn
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: PHP 5.3.8 Reply with quote

well - a quick test failed to work. I over-wrote my older version and tried to log in to my site via 'anonymous' proxy but could not get past the logon screen. System restore got everything back working, thank god. Incidentally, at what stage does the new updated php version get 'compiled'; on 'save/ok'?

c0r2ar0
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP 5.3.8 Reply with quote

maroe001 wrote:
I have upgraded to PHP 5.3.8. Flawless upgrade and a noticeable performance increase. I am also using the latest MySQL installer version 5.5.15. and have updated my SQL version to the same. Great performance with a great web server. Love Abyss X2 and will also be updating my priority support.

I'm trying to upgrade our production server with PHP 5.3.8 but I keep getting Error 503 Not Found when I try to access hosted php websites running over a Mysql db.
I've noticed that there's no more libmysql.dll in the php dir and I've read that starting from 5.3 they integrate mysql support inside mysql and mysqli extension.

Someone can help me fixing this problem?

If need I can post my php.ini config file.

Regards,
Paolo
jeffjohn
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: php upgrade Reply with quote

when upgrading from previous PHP version and all of the steps in the Interpreter install guide fields remain unaltered, do we slavishly follow all again or is there a shortcut?

raderack
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im using abyss webserver x2
instaled the package
got error 503 with last version of phpbb
then i change fastcgi to CGI/ISAPI
now im getting error 500
:(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: