PHP/FastCGI issues.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jxxaxxy
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: PHP/FastCGI issues. Reply with quote

Hey guys I am running into an issue I have had for a while now and it does not happen on every site I host but I can reproduce it everytime on the sites I am having issues with.

What I am doing is clicking on a site linke 4 consecetive times. Then I get an error(chrome browser). net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) The server closed the connection without sending any data.

When I check the error log for fastcgi I get this

12/Aug/2011:15:33:49 -0500 12/Aug/2011:18:02:06 -0500 SUID: 1 PUID: 1 RUID: 0 URI: Reading 24 bytes failed = The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
12/Aug/2011:18:02:06 -0500 SUID: 1 PUID: 1 RUID: 0 URI: timeout-header2!
12/Aug/2011:18:02:06 -0500 SUID: 2 PUID: 2 RUID: 0 URI: Reading 24 bytes failed = The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
12/Aug/2011:18:02:06 -0500 SUID: 2 PUID: 2 RUID: 0 URI: timeout-header2!
12/Aug/2011:18:02:12 -0500 SUID: 2 PUID: 2 process_shutdown(timeout=5 s)

I am running abyss 2.7 64bit with php 5.3.6 and also same problem happens on php 5.3.7RC5.

OS Windows Web Server 2008.

Like I said I can reproduce this everytime and abyss seems to restart and then start working again until I click on the links in any compbination 3 to 4 times.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: PHP/FastCGI issues. Reply with quote

jxxaxxy,

Can you send your abyss.conf file to our technical support (by email)? Please add a reference to that forum post to help us identify the origin of the support ticket.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
jxxaxxy
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to have something to do with the theme that nuke evolution is using. Once I switch I can't get it to crash. However soon as I switch it back it causes abyss to crash again. I also run a site using e107. It is also theme related issue that causes abyss to crash. I find it odd that a theme can make abyss crash.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jxxaxxy wrote:
Seems to have something to do with the theme that nuke evolution is using. Once I switch I can't get it to crash. However soon as I switch it back it causes abyss to crash again. I also run a site using e107. It is also theme related issue that causes abyss to crash. I find it odd that a theme can make abyss crash.

What you call a crash is simply the server becoming unresponsive. This isn't a real crash (not a general protection fault that makes the server stop working).

It could be that all your incoming connection slots are busy (this could happen if your maximum simultaneous connections is low and your script generate a lot of connections to the Web server to get images and associated content). It could also happen if your script/theme generates several errors (404 errors) and you get banned by the antihacking system.

A crash in Abyss Web Server generates a crashrep.txt file and is logged in the mini-window of the software or the event log. Any behavior not leading to that is not a crash from a technical point of view and could be as sign of an overload or a temporary ban.
Forum Administrator
Axis
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if this is helpful or just information but I get alot of the same errors reported in my error log files because I have hacked some scripts (WordPress is one--removing the html from comments), and another page tracking code where I have set the tracking perl script to to not "track" anything from my own IP address, and three different YaBB BB's where I have changed the user registration to admin only, etc. I could just shut off errors but they don't end up hurting anything so I just put up with them and change all my log files weekly.

Like I said, not sure if this is helpful but I thought I'd throw it into this thread in case it is.

Regards,
Axis
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axis wrote:
I am not sure if this is helpful or just information but I get alot of the same errors reported in my error log files because I have hacked some scripts.

These errors are reported because PHP's FastCGI implementation acts randomly and does not conform to the FastCGI specification always. That's a pity that such a large group of developers have not yet understood how to translate the FastCGI specification to C code (they are no more using FastCGI's standard libraries as they are now using their own which are not well written.)

These errors are not a problem for your scripts and you can chose to ignore them or set the debugging level of FastCGI in Abyss Web Server to none.
Forum Administrator
jxxaxxy
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
jxxaxxy wrote:

What you call a crash is simply the server becoming unresponsive. This isn't a real crash (not a general protection fault that makes the server stop working).

It could be that all your incoming connection slots are busy (this could happen if your maximum simultaneous connections is low and your script generate a lot of connections to the Web server to get images and associated content). It could also happen if your script/theme generates several errors (404 errors) and you get banned by the antihacking system.

A crash in Abyss Web Server generates a crashrep.txt file and is logged in the mini-window of the software or the event log. Any behavior not leading to that is not a crash from a technical point of view and could be as sign of an overload or a temporary ban.

This was my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It could also happen if your script/theme generates several errors (404 errors) and you get banned by the antihacking system.

As soon as I re enable it click on link 3 to 4 times and poof white screen of death. So there is enough errors to cause it to block me. What is a good number for most of these settings as I can't always control what people put on the web??????
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jxxaxxy wrote:
This was my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It could also happen if your script/theme generates several errors (404 errors) and you get banned by the antihacking system.

As soon as I re enable it click on link 3 to 4 times and poof white screen of death. So there is enough errors to cause it to block me. What is a good number for most of these settings as I can't always control what people put on the web??????

Try checking the log file to determine what are the causes of these errors (determine what are the missing files and try to replace them or fix the broken URLs in the theme you're using).
Forum Administrator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: