How do I make it work? PHP / FastCGI / Mac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidjenkins
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: How do I make it work? PHP / FastCGI / Mac Reply with quote

Okay... so don't want to use Aprelium's PHP5 binary cuz it's out of date. The PHP bundled with OS X 10.5 doesn't work as a CGI (?or atleast not with Abyss?). So I want to make my own!

So I downloaded PHP 5.2.9 and tried to compile with the --enable-fastcgi option.

If I tell Abyss that php-cgi is just CGI/ISAP then everything works as expected.

If I tell Abyss that php-cgi is FastCGI (Local - <anything>) my webpage hangs for a bit and then gets Error 500.

What the crap?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you move the location of the PHP folder? Once you compile PHP, you cannot move the folder. If you want, I can compile it for you. My MSN is msn@trustabyss.com. If you included the --enable-fastcgi in the configure command, it should be working.

EDIT: Download my compiled PHP5 (Mac OS X 10.4) package and unzip it to the /Applications folder. Use MySQL 5.0.77 and it should work fine. http://www.trustabyss.com/PHP5.zip
NOTE: MySQL 5.1 DOES NOT compile with PHP 5 at this time. I think I will report that to them.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
davidjenkins
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used --prefix to specify where I wanted my files to placed. I did not move them manually.

As I mentioned, it works in CGI mode, but not FastCGI mode (?unless the problem lies within Abyss?).
sonofcolin
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been through this and I feel your pain. However, it is possible to get it working in fastcgi mode.

What does /usr/local/php/bin/php-cgi -i return when run from the terminal? (change your path as appropriate)
Can you check to see if any php processes are running? If they are, kill them and try again.
sonofcolin
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUSTAbyss wrote:

Download my compiled PHP5 (Mac OS X 10.4) package and unzip it to the /Applications folder. Use MySQL 5.0.77 and it should work fine. http://www.trustabyss.com/PHP5.zip

Well done that man!

Quote:
NOTE: MySQL 5.1 DOES NOT compile with PHP 5 at this time. I think I will report that to them.

It does. I got it working, I'm fairly sure - but that was on 10.5. Not sure about 10.4
davidjenkins
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonofcolin wrote:
I've just been through this and I feel your pain. However, it is possible to get it working in fastcgi mode.

What does /usr/local/php/bin/php-cgi -i return when run from the terminal? (change your path as appropriate)
Can you check to see if any php processes are running? If they are, kill them and try again.

It returns the expected info page.

How do I check for running php processes?
sonofcolin
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidjenkins wrote:

How do I check for running php processes?

Activity monitor in 'Applications/Utilities/'
davidjenkins
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked for activity before and after running Abyss. No sign of php or php-cgi. Same thing after accessing a php encoded page (via Abyss, using FastCGI).

Still getting a timeout and error 500.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: