mbstring to UTF-8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffjohn
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: mbstring to UTF-8 Reply with quote

Question possibly for aprelium admin:-

I have included a photo gallery script in PHP, and notice that I get a warning to the effect that UTF-8 translation should be included. This is not available in the php.ini file, maybe for a very good reason.

Is this a 'safe' addition to install with no Abyss conflicts? and if so, where from?

I can, however, live without it if it's likely to be more trouble than it's worth!

thanks jeffjohn

Back to top View user's profile Send private message
anybody
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the slightest clue what it is you need. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that html is UTF-8. If it wasn't then you'd be limited on the languages you'd be able to use in your html code. Like I said someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Do some research on mbstrings. If you are using windows then all you have to do to install it is run the php setup again and include it. It is an extension.

I really suggest you get your self a different photo gallery software.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: mbstring to UTF-8 Reply with quote

jeffjohn wrote:
Is this a 'safe' addition to install with no Abyss conflicts? and if so, where from?

UTF-8 and mbstring are PHP related. If PHP is correctly declared, you should check with your script authors and ask them what kind of multinational support they offer. It's an issue with their code and not with Abyss Web Server.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: