Making your Web Site???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edhead
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Making your Web Site??? Reply with quote

Hey I am lost...I am really good at computers and all...but Runninf the Web Site from the server...how do you do this?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running an instant messenger on your machine with vacation messages on means if someone IMs you, they'll get a message back...

Servers are the same way... Someone visits your machine address and gets a webpage in return.

Good luck :)
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Making your Web Site??? Reply with quote

edhead wrote:
Hey I am lost...I am really good at computers and all...but Runninf the Web Site from the server...how do you do this?

What kind of problem do you have? "Runninf"?
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: *** Reply with quote

Runninf = Running...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: *** Reply with quote

edhead wrote:
Runninf = Running...

Oh I see.
- Install Abyss to a PC
- Write / design a webpage and place in the folder of Abyss /htdocs folder and save as >> index.htm <<
- Keep the Abyss default setting at Port 80. - Unless there a reason to change.
- Enter 127.0.0.1 from your IE Browser URL to see if show up
- Test again from other PC on your LAN to see if Abyss box response to a request
- Next test if the Wild Wide World can see you by asking your friend. But if you have a DOMAIN, then try enter your domain and set to redirect back to Abyss BOX.
-=>Optional<=- [>If Apply To You<]
- Open Router to 80 - If Router available
- Forward Port 80 from Router to Abyss box LAN IP - If Router available
- Disable firewall / Proxy if inbound /outbound is being block or filter out. Then disable during the testing if that is the cause of the problem.

Pretty much that is it.
Almost forgot. If everything fail above. Check your ISP if they allow hosting from your PC. It mayve block or filter to prevent you from hosting anything. Then you can try using different port if they just block port. Just in case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: