Which OS Should I Select?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heval
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Which OS Should I Select? Reply with quote

I need an advice from individuals who are familiar with the security of web servers.
I am using Abyss webserver , Microsoft SQL server 2008 and Visual web developer 2008.
I would like to know which operating system should I choice for Abyss server?
Should be XP pro, Vista, Windows server 2008 or something else?
Security of our application is number propriety. Please, let me know.

Thanks

Heval
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite the list of professional software you've got there! I use a lot of Notepad, PSPad (for syntax highlighting), and Google.

Use whichever OS you think offers the most security. Abyss doesn't have any security flaws in the current version. Your biggest problem isn't your OS - it's PHP and/or your SQL server.

I've been using WinXP Home for several years now and I'm running over 15 hosts. I've never had a problem with security except for the holes I allowed. I had to patch a few of my scripts, but that was purely my fault. I have yet to have a problem with Abyss or WinXP.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Server 2003 or 2008 (doesn't really matter). You can get either through dreamspark if you're a student or you could use the trial on S2008. XP is fine though, as long as you lock it down a little. Whichever you choose, keep it updated.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hubson
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its really up to you which OS you use, I am currently using windows vista premium and not had a problem with it, not seen any security issues with it.

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: