I keep getting an error message with a default install...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
briangorski_us
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: I keep getting an error message with a default install... Reply with quote

I keep getting a PHP Error "Error parsing C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP5\php.ini on line 532" with the default install locations, and after following the aprelium directions on setting up PHP with Abyss, is there something obvious I'm missing? (Only parts of the PHP scripts seem to execute with this.)

I'm using Abyss X1 v 2.5, and I'm pretty sure it's version 5 PHP (Whatever the most current non-test product is) on a Vista Home Premium machine. I'm also using port 8000, as port 80 is blocked by my ISP, is this a potential problem?

Thanks in advance for any/all help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
technetx
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's on line 532 of your php.ini.

Actually, better yet, what exactly have you changed in php.ini if anything from the default?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
briangorski_us
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: I haven't changed anything, but how do I find that line? Reply with quote

I haven't changed anything from the default, I'm still trying to get it to work at all.

But how do I find out which is line 532?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
briangorski_us
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Okay, I found what the line is... Reply with quote

extension_dir =C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP5

That directory does exist, and it is the one that the php.ini file is in.
technetx
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess without actually seeing how things are setup in your system....

that directory may not exist, but not in the path statement of windows.

For example, what's in that directory, is it just php5, or is it all the windows programs you have installed? If it's just php5, then the installation file was incorrect for the version of PHP you downloaded.

So...

check to see if you have a c:\program files\ directory as well in your system. then look inside the directory to see if other programs exists (you may want to check if there is also a php5 directory in it.

check to see what is also in c:\program files (x86)\

if it's only php5 in that directory, just move the whole php5 folder into c:\program files\

after moving it all, change every line you see in php.ini that references "c:\program files (x86)\ and change it to the plain 'ol "c:\program files".

You'll probably have everything working correctly after that.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
briangorski_us
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the directory DOES exist (see my last posting, I already checked that one, haha :) )

AND PHP5 is the only thing in it. (The rest are in the C:\Program Files directory, not in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory.

Sooo, wouldn't it be easier to just add the (x86) directory to my path?

If so, how do I go about doing that?
briangorski_us
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I takethatback, there is other stuff there. I also added the C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP5 to the path, but I still have the same exact problem.

(Scratching head and shrugging) Any other ideas?
Override
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

? why have you installed php like this ? C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP5
why not like this C:\PHP5 would have a lot les problems & it makes it
eazy on your system to find but any case Program Files is known as
~program1 or some stuff like that i forgot and i mit be wrong but dos type
programs don't like spaces
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
briangorski_us
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Override wrote:
? why have you installed php like this ? C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP5
why not like this C:\PHP5 would have a lot les problems & it makes it
eazy on your system to find but any case Program Files is known as
~program1 or some stuff like that i forgot and i mit be wrong but dos type
programs don't like spaces

I didn't install it like that, that's what the default for the PHP5 installer does. Although the C:\PHP5 thing makes sense, hmm, wonder if I can do that before I fall asleep tonight? :)
briangorski_us
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: That didn't do it either... Reply with quote

Hmm, that didn't do it either....Do I also have to add C:\PHP5 to my path?
Override
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok when i install php-5.2.6-win32-installer.msi the defoult is
C:\Program Files\PHP\
you can change that to C:\PHP\ it will give you opions
to where to install even the pre config from abyss gives you the opion
to where to install & if you got the zip just unzip to C:\PHP\
the system path is only if you haven probs with finding dll's
but you should not have to if you config the php.ini right
look for this
extension_dir = "/PHP/ext"
or
extension_dir = "/PHP/extension"
but the msi dose it for you
i think the abyss one dose it to not shure
but the zip dose not you got to do it your self also the zip hase 2 types 1 php.ini-dist 2 php.ini-recommended one of ini files but you got to rename one of them to php.ini so there is 3 ways to look @ it O! one more thing if you are useing a mis file in the setup when you git to the web server setup
mark other cgi that is all i know if any one els has a better ancer go a head
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
briangorski_us
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Okay, I'm gonna try this, BUT.... Reply with quote

Okay, I'm gonna try this, but, could part of the problem be that I'm using Vista 64-bit, not 32-bit?

(I'm wondering if that's why my default install had the (x86), and trust me that was definately the default for me, because I didn't even know the directory existed before that.)

As always, Thanks.
Override
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using Vista 64-bit OMG ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
bata on top of bata os my god um i do not know i have microsoft os
but the max i'll go is windows 2000 to xp now thay got that os out
my god big prob you mit have to see if php makes a 64 version

microsoft Vista good to portect even from your self do you allow lol
but no man i do not know what to tell you sorry don't like that os
Override
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 ? where you getting your php @ ? um i have been look @ your prob
if i have read it right this is what some one done.

install 32 bit PHP with installer (I used php-5.2.5-win32-installer.msi) to c:/PHP (I used this path)
I selected custom install and included the following extensions;
curl, gd2, mysql, mssql, tidy which I needed right away.
Trying to install all the extensions will fail due to other dependencies not available on the machine.
So now PHP is installed with php.ini already configured with the extensions you need.
Download this on http://www.php.net/get/php-5.2.6-win32-installer.msi/from/a/mirror
this might work if not dont know
i took it off a nother forum so + it is for Vista 64 - IIS 7 server but might work for you ????????? who knows i tried
briangorski_us
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: I'm getting PHP from apprelium Reply with quote

I'm getting PHP from apprelium

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html

based off of the suggestion from this website

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php5win.html

I thought going through the pre-configured install from Aprelium would make the most sense, since the server is apprelium.

I am now trying to reinstall and have changed the default directory from that (x86) directory (which is the default in this install) and I'm getting an error message during the install "Error Opening File for Writing:
C:\PHP5\extras\pdf-related\Courier-Bold.afm" Abort, Retry, or Ignore, I'm going to ignore, because it seems like just a font file, but I'm not used to the .afm extension, what's that about?

Hmm, this is interesting, the error only occurs if I access it from the outside world, when I access it with the internal server, it just doesn't work, using a phptestp.php file, it will show the html, but when I use the php "echo" command, it does not show. Any thoughts?

I've been running Vista-64 for about 8 months now, and other than it not being able to see my XP machines on my network for connecting a network drive (resolved by seeing my Vista machine from XP) this is the first major issue I've had with it. For general use it seems pretty similar to XP, althought there have been a couple of small things to get used to.
Override
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm i dont know if the abyss v of php is Vista-64 conplanit
i might be wrong if i am i am sorry to abyss if you can get rid of it & try
to do the mis install
Override
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fount you a 64 bit php v the down load place

http://www.fusionxlan.com/PHPx64.php
now this v is old not new php-5.2.5-x64
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: