PHP Instalation on W98

View previous topic :: View next topic  
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:17 am    Post subject: PHP Instalation on W98 Reply with quote

I have a windows 98 SE machine running abyss 1.0.3
I wanted to add scripting fuctionality to my sever so I installed the stable php ver 3. When I first intalled it I did it exactly how this site said and I recived no errors, but my first script I ran did not work as no varibles were being read by the script. I looked for help with this but found none. I decided to go "adjust" the php settings in php.ini. I changed among other things the global visiblity of varibles. This, or something else, caused my scripts to work.

Does anyone know if I was suposed to do this or did I miss somting during the install? If this is not the correct way for php to be setup, are there any implications that I might need to worry about?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: PHP Instalation on W98 Reply with quote

feamsr00 wrote:
I have a windows 98 SE machine running abyss 1.0.3
I wanted to add scripting fuctionality to my sever so I installed the stable php ver 3. When I first intalled it I did it exactly how this site said and I recived no errors, but my first script I ran did not work as no varibles were being read by the script. I looked for help with this but found none. I decided to go "adjust" the php settings in php.ini. I changed among other things the global visiblity of varibles. This, or something else, caused my scripts to work.

Does anyone know if I was suposed to do this or did I miss somting during the install? If this is not the correct way for php to be setup, are there any implications that I might need to worry about?

We can say that there is nothing to worry about with such a setting. All you have to do now is to enjoy running your scripts :D
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thanks, you have put my wories to rest. And thank you once again for a great server!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: