Case Sensitivity and Troubleshooting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cenocre
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Case Sensitivity and Troubleshooting Reply with quote

I work on Macs where we rarely have to pay attention to case when setting paths even though it is built on UNIX. However, recently I have been driven nuts trying to diagnose why a form kept getting and Error 405. The paths seemed perfect.

Turn out Abyss appears to be case sensitive and there was just one capital letter in the form action. I made it lower case and voila!

I could have saved dozens of hours had I known this, so watch your case. And Aprelium, don't know why Abyss is case sensitive, but it would be nice to move beyond it as so many other programs have, especially since I cannot control my clients and how they code their pages that they put on the servers.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abyss works with case based on the file system its own. If you have Mac or Linux, the way Abyss handles file paths is case sensitive.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUSTAbyss wrote:
Abyss works with case based on the file system its own. If you have Mac or Linux, the way Abyss handles file paths is case sensitive.

Correct. You will find all Web Server software does this, including Apache. Software that "gets away" from it, uses deliberate methods to overcome it since its not needed in that software. However Web Server Software doesn't use it because some people like to use capital letters etc in their filenames.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: