Running C# executables compiled with VS 2003

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Running C# executables compiled with VS 2003 Reply with quote

I saw some discussions here on the forum regarding the different types of executables now supported by Abyss... so I had to try some simple C# code compiled with Visual Studio .NET 2003. After compiling, I copied the executable to /cgi-bin/ , and Abyss executed the compiled code 100%. 8)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Running C# executables compiled with VS 2003 Reply with quote

TheLinker wrote:
I saw some discussions here on the forum regarding the different types of executables now supported by Abyss... so I had to try some simple C# code compiled with Visual Studio .NET 2003. After compiling, I copied the executable to /cgi-bin/ , and Abyss executed the compiled code 100%. 8)

Great!!! Honestly, we haven't played with C# CGI coding yet. So it is really encouraging. May be it's time to think about writing some technical tutorials about that topic. :idea:
akrocks
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick :?: about that. isnt that a security issue? or will it only let you use certain "features" and not let you format a persons hard drive ;)
-

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Running C# executables compiled with VS 2003 Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
May be it's time to think about writing some technical tutorials about that topic.

That would be great... :)
Because the ASP.NET engine is included in the .NET Framework you can now actually host those *.aspx files within Abyss also. This article http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive248.html give some ideas on how this can be done.

akrocks wrote:
isnt that a security issue? or will it only let you use certain "features" and not let you format a persons hard drive

As for security issues, you will have the same access to "features" as the account running Abyss I guess. Meaning that if you log in as Administrator in Windows XP, the Abyss will run within this account and have access to Administrator features on your Computer. Correct me if I'm wrong here.. :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: