403 on localhost?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noxiousfix
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: 403 on localhost? Reply with quote

not sure what the deal is but localhost 127.0.0.1 is giving me an Error 403: Forbidden... how is this possible? my website is operational but localhost is not. any help?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you enable any IP Address Control/Anti-Leech settings? Enabling these settings could cause a 403 error if configured the wrong way. Answering these questions will help us better understand the problem.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
noxiousfix
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: 403 on localhost? Reply with quote

I have changed settings in IP access control, but only because some of my friends got an error 403: forbidden page when trying to access my site. should i just remove all edits in IP access control and just change my server port? (recently found out that some ISPs block the server default port, i assumed that was why they could not view my page)
thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should only set the order for IP Address Control to Allow/Deny, and deny access to those only listed in the Denied IP Addresses table. I think you're giving the URL of the console to your friends. By default, all traffic outside of your network is denied access to the console, so that could be the reason why you're friends are seeing the 403 error instead of your website.

Can you post a screen shot of your abyss settings?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: