Media Server Connection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Media Server Connection Reply with quote

Hi, i realize that this queery has nothing to do with abyss. abyss works fine and always has done. The problem im having is with a VideoChat script. I can connect to Flash Mdia Server 2 using the following connection string on the local pc:

rtmp://localhost/videochat/

But when i try to connect using my laptop i get ht error:

The connection to the Flash Media Server has failed.

If anyone can give me an idea id be grateful. Ive read loads on the subject but cannot get my head around it.

the string above "videochat" is the application and im using the default virtual host. ie _defaultVHost_

I can add _defaultVHost_, mydomain name (which serves the video chat, to the end of the above string but the connection always fails.

Ive tried rtmp://myIPaddress:1935/videochat and this wont work either, wether i use the app instance or not.

Thanks for any assistance. all the best.

PS, i have opened port 1935 and 1111 on both machines but cannot connect other than from the local machine. using localhost only.?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AngelReign
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you try to search in some online site that might help you or ask somebody that they know this better so you can get some help to their...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: