Server shut down error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neuhmz
-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Server shut down error Reply with quote

I am having a strange problem and I am hopeing that somebody might be able to help me out. it is very strange I will start the server and it will work for like 3-5 minutes then the WEB port will shut down, even 127.0.0.1:3800 won't work but the consol works just fine anybody else have that problem?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Server shut down error Reply with quote

neuhmz wrote:
I am having a strange problem and I am hopeing that somebody might be able to help me out. it is very strange I will start the server and it will work for like 3-5 minutes then the WEB port will shut down, even 127.0.0.1:3800 won't work but the consol works just fine anybody else have that problem?

If you are using ISAPI then this could be the possible cause. An interpreter crash will make the web server crash as well. It is recommended that you use CGI or FastCGI instead if possible as it is much more reliable and less prone to crashing.
neuhmz
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I have reinstalled windows and the problem is back but not as bad. now the server says that it is running but will not respond to requests on the port but will come back online for a little while then go down again. I don't have anything advanced going on, only the default options with aliasing activated.

anyone else with this one?
swissboney3
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol reinstalling windows was a bit extreme lol...you only had to reinstall Abyss...
well like abyssunderground said if you have ISAPI enabled and your interpreter keeps crashing then that can be the problem. do you use php or perl or any other scripting language?
also check your windows firewall/any other firewall settings make sure the port that the web server uses is open. and check to see if anything else is using the web server port. if so that could be part of the problem
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
neuhmz
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am going to admit some newbishness here. I really don't know what ISAPI is. right now Every setting on the server is the default with no modifications except for directory aliasing my site consists entirely of simple html pages. PHP and ASP is not installed. I have Windows firewall disabled and am Using no-ip.com as my redirector (but the problem still exists when self adressign to the the 3800 port on 127.0.0.1). The network stayed the same from the last time I had the server working and I am using the same port number I did before. also on the reinstall the server wasn;t the sole reason for it, but a weighing factor for sure.
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try Fast CGI instead of ISAPI yet?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
neuhmz
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I fixed it. I have been using port 3800 for my web server since I was like a kid but I switched it and now its working just fine so I guess that was it. Well I just wanted to say thanks guys for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: