Set Up A Subdomain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Set Up A Subdomain Reply with quote

How do i set up a subdomain on abyss X2? I own the domain "me.com". Do i have to purchase another domain, ie "support.me.com".? Im not sure wether this is an Alias, Url rewrite configuration issue or not. Im using simple dns and have set up a CNAME record, alias, "support.me.com" to "me.com".

Im confused about this can anyone help, ive folowed some rules and instruction on the web but cant gt it to work, it would be good to be walked through this. thanks.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DonQuichote
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm using simple dns

What do you mean by that?

You can define subdomains in your public DNS server. If you run your own DNS server, you will have to do that. If you leave DNS to a provider, your provider has to configure this subdomain.

Your webserver has no authority. It can serve a page on the subdomain, but it can only be found if the subdomain is known to the caller through DNS.

In short, if you purchased me.com, you even cannot buy support.me.com, as the top part of it is already sold (to you in this case).
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
svankamon
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Fixed it Reply with quote

Its ok i use my own dns server and x2, i fixed the problem, I just created a new host in simple dns and likewize in x2. thanks anyway. cheers.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> URL Rewriting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: