ASP.NET on Firefox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kfparri
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: ASP.NET on Firefox Reply with quote

I have a problem viewing my asp.net 2.0 website on the internet with Firefox. It works fine when I view the site on IE 7 and Safari, but when I try to open it with Firefox I get the option to download or open a file. It says that it is a application/octet-stream. I have never seen anything like this and was hoping someone here has seen this and could help me.

My test site that I am using is http://www.guildlostsouls.com/aspnet

Thanks in advance
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like the scripts are being executed.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kfparri
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this a configuration issue then? If so, what did I do wrong on my setup?
kfparri
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fixed this issue. It turns out, on my initial setup I made Abyss run as a web service so when I started the server I was essentially running two servers which was interfering with the web site. If I killed one instance of the server the site works fine on Firefox.
jez86
-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am having exactly the same problem; ASP.net won't open in FF but will in IE, except killing one instance of the server doesnt fix it.

Abyss is set to start automatically as a windows service. Task manager shows 2 instances of abyssws.exe, one of them is associated to the service running (same PID).

Killing the unassociated instance of abyssws.exe causes the process to end and then another 2nd instance will load again.

Killing the associated instance of abyssws.exe causes the process to end and service to stop, (the 2nd instance will still serve web pages) and then it is possible to end the 2nd instance without it re-loading.

If anyone could help me I would be extremely grateful.

Regards

Jez
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kfparri wrote:
I have fixed this issue. It turns out, on my initial setup I made Abyss run as a web service so when I started the server I was essentially running two servers which was interfering with the web site. If I killed one instance of the server the site works fine on Firefox.

The 2 abyssws.exe processes are normal. That's how the anti-crash feature works (one process monitors the other).

Your problem is with ASP.NET processing when using Firefox as a browser, there is no point in killing abyssws.exe processes. ASP.NET does not output the same HTML when it knows that you are using Firefox: check http://www.thecave.com/archive/2005/05/17/browsercap_for_firefox.aspx for a description of the issue and a solution.
jez86
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply, I will look into it when I have some time.
sandypeter111
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: hello you can visit this forum Reply with quote

go to google find asp .net related forums you will get answers very easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: