Completely OT - how are you doing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redlion
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Completely OT - how are you doing? Reply with quote

I know Aprelium is in Tunisia ... hope you are all right!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering the same thing. I've enjoyed swapping emails and working with Aprelium, I do hope the recent events are not causing too much trouble.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your messages and for caring about us during these special times :)

The company is okay and all of us are doing great. Some of us worked remotely from January 13 until January 24 due to commute problems and because of the imposed curfew.

But these were small issues in comparison with the great atmosphere and joy after the dictator was ousted and fled the country.

We had a terrible month because our people are not used to violence and to the use of firearms (We were used to having most policemen with no arms with them.)

Hopefully everything is getting back to normality despite the thugs and armed people the dictator left to terrorize normal citizens. Most of them have been caught and arrested.

Now it's time to rebuild the political system and to ensure that no more dictatorship can take place in our country.

It would be interested to know how you have perceived our revolution? (especially through the eyes of US and Western media)

Thanks.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Axis
-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin--

Your revolution started a fire that has spread throughout the world the message of democracy. I salute you. In my home state, Wisconsin, for the first time in nearly 40 years we have a (in my mind) corrupt state government being taking on by the grass roots citizens in our state over assaults on worker rights in our state capital. People in the street in the tens of thousands. 30,000 today.

It is a Zeitgeist that started in Tunisia. May the fires of freedom from oppression and corruption cleanse this corrupted planet from the forces of greed for power and money.

Regards,
Axis
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
redlion
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are all well and happy. I was overjoyed by the events in Tunisia and Egypt, and hope that the fire your compatriots have started burns out corruption and tyranny everywhere. I have followed events in North Africa and the Mideast through Twitter, Facebook and some other sources, and on Al Jazeera English; the conventional news media here were badly behind on most coverage, and did not know what to make of it at first.

The international political tendency I support has a party next country over from you in Algeria, the Workers Party, and some militants forming a group in your country. I got some information through them as well, and it continues to come in. I was especially made hopeful, and encouraged, by the role played by the independent elements within the union federations in each country ... the workers in the UGTT who came out against Ben Ali, and the new independent union federation in Egypt.

Events in the American state of Wisconsin have been tumultuous too, with the Governor threatening to call out the National Guard if state employees do not give up the right to collective bargaining. The response has been massive peaceful demonstrations in Madison, the state capital, just as Axis says.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: