newbie-trying to add upload 'webfilebrowser' but not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzzinhornets
-

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: newbie-trying to add upload 'webfilebrowser' but not working Reply with quote

i'm new to this abyss web server thingy... the server works, but i want to add an upload page so that i upload files to my root directory (C:\myrootfolder)

i followed the FAQ and installed PHP using these instructions on my windows 200 box:
http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html

I then downloaded webfilebrowser as per the FAQ but these instruction seem vague... http://www.webfilebrowser.org/#install

the .zip file contains a CVS folder, wfbimages folder, wfbtrash folder, index.htm, and a bunch of .php files... as per the vague instructions, i only took the webfilebrowser.php file and placed it in my c:\myrootfolder folder... when i click on the that file from my browser it loads, but when i click the upload button, the next page does not load, i get error 404.

...so what do i do with all those other files in the zip? do they need to be placed somewhere? e.g. C;\program files\abyss\???????

(also, when i installed the php script, the instructions here failed to mention one of the check boxes i saw (can't recall what it said) that was checked by default... i left it checked if that makes a difference... this unreferenced check box was on the same page as "Use the associated extensions to automatically update the Script Paths. ")

Thanks for the help,

Newbie!

also, if there's an easier, more well documented upload page/script, i'd take that too... just looking for upload functionality
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
buzzinhornets
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Install PHP support.
2. Add index.php as an index file
3. Drop all of the webfilebrowser files into C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs
4. Browse to http://127.0.0.1

Et Viola :-)

www.abyssunderground.co.uk contains all the tutorials you will need for setting up PHP and other languages/scripts and aspects of Abyss Web Server (including how to add an index file).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: