Since server upgrade, large JPGs won't resize with GD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Since server upgrade, large JPGs won't resize with GD Reply with quote

I'm completely stumped.

I have a script (fotopholder) which used to work much better than it does. Since upgrading my server to an all-new Abyss X2 with PHP5, the gallery won't touch large images (ie: anything around 300kB+). It creates the thumbnail directory and then jsut skips the large images while creating thumbs. Works fine on smaller ones...

But it used to do big ones too on the older system.

I've got PHP execution time of 30s, with 32MB max RAM... I can't find any other settings that might restrict the size?

I'm sure it's not a problem with the script as, like I say, it worked fine before...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
NuccatheWarrior
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude I use Coppermine Photo Gallery for my images. It is MUCH easier to use. Plus there is a setting on this type of script where u can set the size limit at any size. Big small doesnt matter. My gallery is linked below....

http://nuccathewarrior.kicks-ass.org/gallery/

http://nuccathewarrior.kicks-ass.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Since server upgrade, large JPGs won't resize with GD Reply with quote

Lawrence,

32 MB may be too low for new PHP releases. We also suggest increasing the execution time out.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my PHP setup to use 64MB max memory and 45 seconds execution time. You might want to try that. It works fine for me.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lawrence
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I'll increase the specs and see what I get.

As for Coppermine... I had no end of trouble with that. Once the spammers found it I couldn't shut them up. No way to totally disable the comments system! Plus... I wanted a drop-n-go gallery. I already had a folder with 500 images in it, I didn't want to label/tag/describe/re-upload any of them, and this script does exactly that. It's really pretty nice. (I also use gallery2, which I think is better than coppermine).
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: