Weird PHP problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lj007
-

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Weird PHP problem Reply with quote

Hi! :D
Firstly can I say Abyss web serever is great! ... my problem is most likely to do with php mod but I'll run it past everyone :D
(sorry if this has been brought up already.. as far as I can see it's not in there)...

PROBLEM: Okay. My PHP works. the test site works fine... provided I get a direct link to it.. aka for sub domains [easiest to explain]: sub.something.com is in "siteroot/sub" ok? well I have to go "../sub/index.php" else it doesn't work. [404 error]... If I try to get it to find index.php in the file it just does 404... now the catch is both the control panel and config file say that I have index.php listed there as a default homepage. (I also have gone through the tutorials on how to set up the PHP etc.)...

Now that's not a great worry except it happens to ALL files... example: (lol yes I love examples!) I make a direct link to the PHP file and it works but I won't be able to go to any other PHP websites after that (since it's not listed as a website homepage/direct link). I just get a 404 error (yes I know the files are there :P)... ("../sub/index.php" has a link to"contact.php" will not work even if the file is there... contact.php will only work if I set it as the homepage)

Any Ideas? (have I explained it correctly? :P)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
lj007
-

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind... I got it to work
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lj007, welcome to the forums.
I apologize that your problem wasn't addressed promptly. Normally, this is not the case.
I'm glad you found a solution to your problem. Can I ask what you did to get it to work?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lj007
-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just flicked around with some of the settings and I believe the one that did the trick was switching the php parameters style from "PHP" to "standard" ... unfortunatly subdomains don't work quite right now but at this stage it doesn't particually bother me :P lol
Thanks for the welcome and it's ok :D (just a test of my researcing/flicking settings on and off skills :P lol).

Lj007
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: