Index Page coding to access local IP addresses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffjohn
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Index Page coding to access local IP addresses Reply with quote

I am a total new comer to this forum, so pls. be patient!

I have set up the WebServer and I am really impressed with it. I can externally access the Abyss Index Page using a dynamic Nameserver . Now from that index page I want to access local IP addresses such as IP Cameras Webservers ( 192.168.1.248, ...249, etc) and my Naslite Server HTML page on 192.168.1.30. I set up the html coded links to these IPs and locally everything works beautifully; however externally, I access the Index page fine, but the links redirect me to the DNS looking for 192.168.1.248 etc., reporting 405 NOT FOUND. How do Ii write an html link on the index page to a local IP address?

Thanks for any comments at all! jeffjohn
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Index Page coding to access local IP addresses Reply with quote

jeffjohn,

People cannot access your local addresses from the outside world. It is up to you to create rules in your router to permit such accesses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: