Mysql app worked on Xampp but not 100% on Abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chukroast
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Mysql app worked on Xampp but not 100% on Abyss Reply with quote

Developed application in Xampp environment, then transported to Abyss environment.
Application executes Mysql "Select" just fine, but won't perform "Update" or "Insert".

I checked and set all permissions stopped and restarted Mysql and stopped and restarted Abyss.

Everything (application) seems to be an exact duplicate between Xampp and Abyss but "Select" is only function working when accessing the DB under Abyss.

Any Ideas ??
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Problem found Reply with quote

Thinking the whole time it was a permissions problem, I learned more and adjusted the permission for the applications, but didn't fix the problem.
I finally added some code to my ap to give me some feedback when executing the ap and discovered the "Update" was failing because of trying to write a null to the DB where a integer should be written. This was happening when the entry was unchanged so a null was being written instead of an integer value. Fixed this code and ap works perfectly now.

The puzzle for me is why that was not a problem in the Xampp environment and was a problem in the Abyss environment????
Oh well, since it's working I guess I don't need an answer to this.
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has something to do with MySQL. The stict-mode setting was probably turned on, and that's why you saw the error. I just ran into this issue last week.

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: