405 Error! .txt 'database'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beacoup
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: 405 Error! .txt 'database' Reply with quote

Perchance from the subject title many people might have assumed that I'm inexperianced with programming, lets first start of with stating that you are 150% correct!

Here's my problem generalized, in hopes people can help me out with it:

In a program in Visual Basic I'm attempting to make, it requires a login which reads a .txt file (I don't expect too many security issues with the group this application will be handed out to). So far, I've gotten it to read the .txt file on my server, search the string, isolate the login info and confirm if the person is indeed able to log in, etc etc. That part is GREAT!

Now, the issue lies in getting the variables added to that file via the application. I'm attempting to (I think) use a POST method, but I get a Error: 405! I've searched and learned that it's because I'm attempting to POST to a static page. That's great, I don't know what that means exactly. Basically I'm asking... how do I fix it? :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
pkSML
-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're going to POST data from a form in someone's browser, the server needs to know what to do with it. The server itself does nothing with POST data. It's just a traffic director.

You'll need to have an interpreter (such as Perl, PHP, ASP...) set up in Abyss which can handle POST data. So if you're posting to form_handler.php, Abyss will direct the POST data to PHP. Then it will send HTML data back to Abyss, which will send it back to the user.

Hope that makes sense!

http://CodeBin.yi.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Databases All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: