Residents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoePrivate
-

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Residents Reply with quote

I have been a silent observer of this web site for a while now and I was kind of wondering. Why do some people seem to literally "live" on this web site? I won't name anybody but looking at the users list, a few, (one in particular) averages 5+ entries a day... which is more than the moderators do. Some might say: Get a life or get a job... Is it because they don't get enough traffic/gratification out of their own web sites? therefore using the readily available traffic coming to this one to compensate and boost their own self esteem by having some much needed attention and something to say about everything? Even if a question was already correctly answered by someone else? It would seem to me that, if you know that much "stuff", you should have your own successful "know it all" forum.
Now, I don't say this to be mean but I do grow a bit tired of always reading the same people saying the same things. 1400 members and only 2 or 3 monopolizing it . I don't know... :?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
khoukha
-

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: monopolizing the forum not for sure Reply with quote

i'm not a super developper and i'm so pround to be part of this community
In fact the spirit here is developping knowledge, improving one of the most powerful web server that we all have found great, easy and distressing.
Now , the new user, the profane, the men who want to learn has a way to deploy a web server and starting developping script in few days. isn't great?
this community is being day by day more bigger more strong and this is due of course to aprelium but also to these 2 or 3 men who are giving some of their time to improve themselves and the knowledge base of the community.

joeprivate still patient , you will see in a near future, the 1400 other member participating hugefully in this land of knowledge.
thanks to you all
khoukha
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoePrivate,

0. http://www.aprelium.com/forum/memberlist.php
1. Select sort method: Total Posts
2. Order: Descending
3. Sort

As of May 1st 2003 (this post) outside of Aprelium (the moderator) I can only see one person who is averaging 5.35 posts per day and its me... Dave, a good friend of mines comes in second with 2.33 posts per day... Hmmm...

Its pretty clear as day you seem to be asking why vbgunz lives here and then make childish comments about it such as, is it to boost self esteem, for gratification and attention. I should go and get a know it all forum, etc?

I can define the word *live* but can you define the term *player-hater*? hehe, whats in the anal making you so tight? Honest, is it I am beating you to the punch and you have nothing better to do but cry out the side of your neck about it?

Do you work for Apache or a similar competitor? Why are you so concerned? You need warm milk or something? Take a walk... I have 5.35 post a day and you have 0.07 post per day and I aint picking on you...

Whats the point or purpose of your post?
JoePrivate
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name calling ? There goes the "polite and courteous" neighborhood. The truth hurts doesn't it? And by the way, I've made my point. Thanks VDGUNZ!

PS: I take lotsa walks, I have a good job and a life. I do not work for Apache but if I did, you obviously would not be the one I would be talking to. As a competitor you Mr.VDGUNZ would be totally inconsequential. You act as if you were on the Aprelium payroll but your not. I would suggest you don't take things so seriously. Just go back at answering what you, yourself described as "people's stupid questions" you seem to get something of that.
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just figured out the point to your post: Its pointless... The purpose: To unmask your trolling tantrum behaviour... How sad it must be the life you live no matter how happy you might wish to portray it. It is pretty obvious you're sweating me beyond comprehension and for reasons unknown. You're an uncreditable accuser with an obvious taste for defacing ones character. How sad it must be to live the life you live...

You might think you fished me out but truth is what you caught instead is a lure. How sad the man within you was not man enough to simply state my name in your very first post. It doesn't require a know-it-all to add one and one together so did you really think this post will simply fly by unnoticed? The sadness you reek is at its greatest yet in your last reply back but I would expect a pinnacle breaker from you very soon.

Judge and be Judged... Don't do it, good luck :)
JoePrivate
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge and be judged don't do it??? Have you really read your last post or are you just brain dead??? My point VDGUNZ is that, I don't like you... you answer some of the questions on this forum like people were idiots, In all honesty you would be the LAST person I would hire to be part of any public related job. If I had a dime for everytime you said "I'm sorry" on this website I 'd have enough for a new printer. and saying "sorry" after the fact is worthless in this kind of environment.

Well VDgunz, your verbal diarrhea has amused me long enough and I have more important things to do. You are also too easy and young it's no fun... You come across exactly as I thought... Full of yourself...(among other things). Must be great to be in love with yourself like that. You will undoubtedly add some more stains in this forum from your inconsequential, nauseating and condescending mind. I have read many of your entries, enough to know that you will insist in having the last "smart alek" reply. So be my guest. anyway, you belong here...trapped forever. Keep up the good work your HOLEiness. there will be lot's more stupid questions for you to answer. Have a good "virtual" life. goodbye.

PS: Ever thought of having your very own virtual lemonade stand? cause you seem to try so hard to find a way to make some money...
something like "Abyss configs $1" You have lot's to learn kid.

Of course... to ALL other users on this site "None of this is directed towards you". I have been fed up with the comments of smarty pants VDGUNZ for a long time and had to call this "spade deuce" a spade deuce. that's all.

Last edited by JoePrivate on Fri May 02, 2003 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that the pinnacle breaker or is it still coming? Anyway, get the stress out funny guy, I am enjoying it :)
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbgunz, JoePrivate, please no wars in the forums. Here is a peaceful place and that's how it should remain.

Thanks.
rtp3
-

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: re: ... Reply with quote

I believe vbgunz has won. joeprivate, back to the sidewalk chalk.
I'm your mirror's reflection.
shoutcast page
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned long ago to read and learn as much as possible. To publicly admit your mistakes whenever you make them. To never argue with a fool... Aprelium, I did not start any war... I simply defended what I felt was an attack on my good will. I will refrain from trying to add fuel to the fire. I hope it works :)
badai
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Residents Reply with quote

what the CENSORED is wrong with you? if not because of those ppl, all of us won't have our server running. they can post million time a day if they want. you can simply go CENSORED your self and don't read their posting. simple as that.

JoePrivate wrote:
I have been a silent observer of this web site for a while now and I was kind of wondering. Why do some people seem to literally "live" on this web site? I won't name anybody but looking at the users list, a few, (one in particular) averages 5+ entries a day... which is more than the moderators do. Some might say: Get a life or get a job... Is it because they don't get enough traffic/gratification out of their own web sites? therefore using the readily available traffic coming to this one to compensate and boost their own self esteem by having some much needed attention and something to say about everything? Even if a question was already correctly answered by someone else? It would seem to me that, if you know that much "stuff", you should have your own successful "know it all" forum.
Now, I don't say this to be mean but I do grow a bit tired of always reading the same people saying the same things. 1400 members and only 2 or 3 monopolizing it . I don't know... :?
khoukha
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: aprelium spirit Reply with quote

i think that we have to be calm and respectful towards criticisms and specially when they are with any interets and did'nt contribute to the developpement of the knowledge base of our community
we are more than 100 000 satisfied users in one a year. This is the argument for joeprivate instead of Fu...
:D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: