Google Webmaster Tools

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahilm
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Google Webmaster Tools Reply with quote

Can someone help me with this. When I host my server, I cannot verify with Google Webmaster Tools...it says that it cannot find the HTML file because of a 404 error...or it will say that it cannot find the meta tag...can someone help me with this
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow Google's instructions for inserting their META tag into your page or use the more easier method of creating the file with the name they ask you to. If you need more help let us know and give us some specifics.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Isotonik
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that the string contains exactly only those characters that were provided in the Google Webmaster tools section. I encountered errors when I copy/pasted the tag to the HTML code, because some garbage character were added to the tag in this process.

404? Is the file in the root directory? Also make sure that the meta tag is before the <BODY> and the file is index.htm(l) if you use the meta tag.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: